Bored of the same old party decorations? How about making something magical and different for the birthday table? All you need are a couple of ingredients from the kitchen.
1. An opaque dish
2. A plastic tumbler
3. Tray or large plate
4. 1/4 cup vinegar
5. 4 tsp. baking soda
6. 1/2 cup water
7. 1/4 cup dishwashing liquid
8. Food colour (depending on the theme of your party)
How to do it
1. First decorate the opaque dish. Stick a colourful gift-wrap or shiny foil around the dish.
2. Place the dish on a tray.
3. Put three to four spoons of baking soda into the dish.
4. In the plastic tumbler , mix half cup of water, quarter cup of dishwash liquid and a quarter cup of vinegar along with some food colouring, confetti and glitter. This is the magic birthday potion. The birthday child gets to hold the tumbler.
5. When all are ready and waiting around the table, cut the cake and empty the magic potion into the decorated dish.
Stand back and watch the fun! A chemical reaction takes place with the baking soda reacting with the vinegar to produce carbon dioxide gas. The gas pushes up a glittery foamy liquid out of the top of the dish.
Enjoy the birthday party fountain it creates!