Noida headquartered HCL Technologies invites applications for its early career programme TechBee, a work-integrated higher education programme which contributes to the “Skill India” mission of the government. As a part of HCL’s new people strategy for 10+2 students, it offers IT engineering jobs by equipping the students with future-ready skills. The application window is open till July 31, 2019.
The programme prepares students technically and professionally for entry-level IT jobs in HCL. Candidates undergo extensive 12 months of training to become software engineers. While working at HCL, students may also enroll in the Masters in IT programme, which is offered by reputed universities like BITS Pilani and SATRA University.
Students who wish to join this programme should have scored a minimum of 60 percent marks in their class 12 board exam, with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Interested students who wish to enroll for the programme undergo an entrance test. Before the test, they are counselled along with their parents, either in a group session or on a one-to-one basis. During this session, the nuances of the programme are explained to them. The programme provides a combination of classroom training and on-the-job training, making them self-reliant at the completion of the programme. During the entire period of training, enrolled students are paid a stipend of Rs 10,000 per month.
Speaking about the initiative, Sanjay Gupta, executive vice president, HCL Technologies & programme director – HCL New Vistas, said, “We are delighted to announce admissions open for HCL’s Tech Bee Programme for Early Careers for class XII pass students. We started this programme in 2017 and the response has been extremely encouraging. With this programme, HCL aims to hire the best talent and enable them to achieve financial independence at the start of their career. Students also earn a degree from leading universities that HCL has partnered with as part of this programme. I recommend all meritorious class XII students to take up this program and start their global IT careers with HCL.”
With the Early Career Training Programme, the company would add on to the talent pool to cater to current and potential clients.
So far, over 500 students have been enrolled in the programne, and the first batch is already successfully placed with HCL.
- JOB FIRST – Job Assurance with HCL, India’s leading IT company
- FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE – Become financially independent since stipend starts from the first month
- HIGHER EDUCATION – Earn a degree from India’s reputed technical institutions like BITS Pilani and SASTRA University
- TechBee – HCL’s Early Career Programme is clustered into the following sets:
- Foundation Training Programme – Technical foundation training to create a deployment-ready talent pool
- Technology / Domain Training – Stream-specific training to ensure that all tasks pertaining to the role can be performed
- Role Specific Training – Hands-on project work to be assigned during the professional practice term
- The candidates will also learn the fundamentals of Information technology, relevant software tools, processes and life skills during the 12 months of training.
- Upon successful completion of the training, candidates get to work in prestigious projects at HCL Technologies in areas of Application and Infrastructure Support, Testing and CAD Support.
- Financial assistance is arranged in a way that there is no financial burden on parents or students. Get 100 percent programme fee waiver (if you score 90 percent and above in your training) and 50 percent fee waiver (if you score between 85-90 percent in your training).
- To be eligible, a candidate should have scored a minimum percentage of 60 percent marks across boards (CBSE/ ICSE/ NIOS Boards/ Uttar Pradesh/ Punjab/ Rajasthan/ Uttarakhand/ Haryana/ Maharashtra/ Tamil Nadu/ Andhra Pradesh/ Karnataka/ Madhya Pradesh state boards)
- The entrance tests are being conducted every weekend across locations at HCL offices. The admission process will continue till end of July 2019.
- The training location for Maharashtra would be Nagpur and for Uttarakhand and Rajasthan, the training location would be Noida.
- Eligible candidates can enroll themselves online by visiting the website – https://www.hcltechbees.com/enroll-form/. They will be guided by the HCL Training & Staffing Services team through subsequent steps of the process.
Posted in Corporate, News