Miles Bronson Residential School at Borjhar in Guwahati is a co-educational boarding school founded on August 14, 1987 by Dr. Nripen Kumar Dutta, M.A, M.Ed, LLB, PhD, a scholar and an entrepreneur. It started with a handful of 17 students and now boasts more than 600 students on its rolls.
The school is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, offering classes from kindergarten to grade XII (science, arts and commerce). The school campus sprawls over 26 acres providing the best in class facilities to its students.
Miles Bronson School is a pioneer in introducing the concept of residential education in the region.
Nomenclature: The school draws its inspiration from the great American missionary, social reformer, scholar and linguist Dr. Miles Bronson who along with his family, his close friend Jacob Thomas, set out from America to propagate Christianity, in the year 1834 and reached Assam in 1837.
Miles Bronson Residential School boasts a sprawling 26 acre campus facilitating 34 classrooms equipped with smart boards, 25 IT enabled learning rooms, and seven different laboratories for English, mathematics, geography, robotics, physics, chemistry and biology. The school library is spacious and well stocked with 15000 books/journals and magazines including international journals. The school boasts its own mini-golf course, 400 meters synthetic athletics track and a multi-purpose indoor sports complex and auditorium.
Other facilities include round the clock Wi-Fi connectivity, state-of-the-art IT center, learning and evaluation processes. The school also offers a fully equipped infirmary staffed with a full-time medical officer, doctor and three nurses to deal with medical emergencies round the clock.
Miles Bronson School, Guwahati is affiliated with CBSE, New Delhi and offers classes from kindergarten to class XII (science, arts and commerce). The school follows a blend of multiple intelligence, multiple natures and experiential learning methodologies with technology-embedded modules enabling active learning.
The teacher-student ratio is maintained at 1:25. The school dedicates four weeks every year to teacher training programs.
The school promotes music, dance, aerobics and yoga, painting and art, literature, quiz, debating, social service schemes, national and international excursions, and students exchange programs such as Lead America Program.
Dr. N.K. Dutta (Founder & Principal)
A child should be six years of age to be admitted to KG. The deadline for admission is April (kindergarten to class IX) and June (class XI).
The procedure for admissions is as follows:
1. The application form must be duly filled and submitted with all necessary testimonials before the last date of acceptance. Admissions are made on the basis of an entrance examination, date and time of which is mentioned on the day of submission of the application forms for admission.
2. Parents/Guardians concerned shall be informed when a child is selected for admission on the same day of the entrance examination. However, the offer shall be treated as confirmed only if the fees have been paid within the stipulated time and acknowledged.
3. Admission to Miles Bronson Residential School is privilege not a right.
4. Recommendations for admission from any sources will disqualify a prospective candidate.
5. Parents are therefore advised to approach the school office personally for admission and not through any other form of persuasion.
6. The principal reserves the right to admit or reject any applications for admission without assigning any reasons.
Fees: Rs.1,80,000/- (Rupees One Lac Eighty Thousand Only) per annum including tuition fee, boarding fee, admission fee, and registration fee.
Miles Bronson Residential School is ranked among the top co-ed boarding schools in the EW India School Rankings 2020-21.
Miles is a fully residential school with five state-of-the-art hostels accommodating both boys and girls. The hostel rooms are spacious and well-ventilated and the canteen provides nutritious meals to the student under expert supervision.