Director, Nehru World School, Ghaziabad
A Delhi University and King’s College, London alum, Dr. Arunabh Singh is director of the CBSE and Cambridge-affiliated Nehru World School, ranked Ghaziabad’s #1 co-ed day school in the EW India School Rankings 2022-23.
- NEP 2020 has mandated “multidisciplinary” and “holistic education across the sciences, social sciences, arts, humanities, and sports for a multidisciplinary world”. I am looking forward to NCFSE 2023 providing guidelines for introduction of multidisciplinary and integrated learning in all schools across India.
- Most schools countrywide are still rooted in chalk-n-talk and rote memorisation. I expect the new curriculum framework to provide guidelines on how to break away from these outdated methods and enable children to switch to experiential learning pedagogies including project-based learning, field trips, and hands-on activities.
- NEP 2020 has strongly recommended introduction of new digital technologies into school education. I hope the NCFSE will advise all schools how to use technology in education to improve learning outcomes of children countrywide.
- India’s children need to be freed from academic overload. I am hopeful that NCFSE 2023 will provide guidelines to promote gender equality, social and emotional learning, tolerance and inclusion in all of India’s 1.5 million schools.
- NEP 2020 has strongly advocated inclusion of indigenous and traditional knowledge into school curriculums. I am looking forward to the framework prescribing how all schools can integrate our own knowledge systems and local histories into the curriculum.