Category: Experiential Education
Nagpur-based Redwood Edutours Pvt. Ltd (estb. 2017) is India’s first curriculum-mapped education tours and travel company which provides class III-XII students customised experiential learning programmes in India and 15 foreign countries. Redwood Edutour’s objective is to “leverage the power of travel and experiential learning to build a progressive education system and a deeper understanding of people, places and cultures within youth enabling them to become socially conscious and responsible leaders of tomorrow”.
Since its promotion in 2017, Redwood has signed up over 50 reputed K-12 schools and 8,000 students have participated in its experiential learning tours to 25 Indian cities and 15 countries abroad.
Aditya & Priya Gandhi
Aditya Gandhi is a computer science postgraduate of IIT-Bombay and founder of career readiness start-up Purple Squirrel (estb.2013). Priya Gandhi is an alumna of BITS, Pilani (Goa campus) and IIM-Kozhikode and promoter of Mumbai-based gourmet food start-up That Food Co. In 2017, they co-founded Redwood Edutours Pvt. Ltd.
- Exposure to new experiences, cities, cultures, and people boosts cultural understanding and broadens students’ horizons.
- Experts — comprising a network of NGOs, research centres and subject experts — curate academic experiences aligned with K-12 national and international curriculums.
- Facilitator-led sessions inculcate 21st century life skills.
Programme design and quality
- Art, history & culture. Students explore new cities and cultures, and engage with local communities.
- Ecology & wildlife. Participation in field research and conservation activities in ecologically sensitive regions.
- Sustainable development & service learning. Exploring challenging terrains, interacting with marginalised communities and impactful changemakers empowers students to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Sports & adventure activities enable psychomotor development and develop team spirit and leadership skills.
- Customer retention rate of 98 percent and year-on-year enrolment growth of 75 percent.
- Every Redwood edutour concludes with students reviewing their journey and reflecting on their learning, personal and social growth.
- Certified field immersions. Several Redwood programmes involve students working with research centres and NGOs on real-time projects.
- Feedback is documented, analysed and shared with schools to ensure transparency and continuous improvement.
- New programme hubs. In 2019, Redwood launched 12 new hubs in India and five foreign countries to facilitate programmes for IAYP, CAS and Global Perspectives.
- Facilitator network. Redwood team has grown to over 50 experts spread across seven countries and three continents.
- Redwood Learning Center. Established in 2019, RLC is committed to enriching content, quality and curriculum-alignment of its edutours.
- Sustainability goals. Responsible travel initiatives to eliminate plastic and food wastage have made Redwood programmes ecologically sustainable.
- Well-qualified team of facilitators with professional certification in outdoor activities and first aid.
- Excellent adult to student ratio ensures personal attention to each participant.
- Readiness to meet medical emergencies through a network of empanelled hospitals and medical experts.
- Daily updates to parents and school managements during the duration of the programme.
Value for money
- All-Inclusive pricing without any hidden costs.
- 360º service delivery including travel and medical insurance and special permits.
- Industry partnerships ensure delivery of high-quality services at competitive rates.
+91 888 888 2919