In a press conference on Tuesday, November 7, Manipal based T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) – India’s leading private business school -announced the launch of its postgraduate programme in Human Resource Management. TAPMI is collaborating with SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) India to develop the curriculum for the programme.
On successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded PG Diploma in Management (HRM) by TAPMI and will also have the opportunity to take the certificate exam to get SHRM Global Certification, a coveted HR certification for HR professionals.
The graduates from this programme will be skilled in five strands that makes a difference to business:
1) Leadership competencies including how to use leadership psychometrics, develop leadership competencies and coaching
2) Use of analytics, evidence-based HR and managing technology
3) Creating and changing culture for aligning the organisation to strategy
4) Designing and changing organisational structure to meet strategy using contemporary organisational development (OD) techniques
5) Strong industrial relations and negotiation skills
The key features of the programme are:
1) The students will be groomed to develop leadership competences under the aegis of TAPMI’s Leadership Assessment and Development Centre
2) Students will develop high levels of empathy and corporate social responsibility through immersive project in the social sector
3) They will be trained to become opinion leaders through a detailed research of contemporary HR topic which they will publish in an academic or industry related journal
4) They will gain expertise in various areas of HR
Speaking about the programme, Professor Simon George, Dean Academics, TAPMI, said, “Launching a new HR programme is a strategic initiative based on mapping of TAPMI’s competencies with what the market needs.”
Colonel James, area chair HR at TAPMI said, “TAPMI is the first institution in India to collaborate with SHRM in designing the programme and offering dual certification. Our objective is to create professionals in Strategic HR who can lead-manage transformational change in their business enterprise”.
On the occasion, TAPMI also announced the commencement of its admissions process for the batch 2018-2020.
With academic rigour and experiential learning as its core, Manipal based TAPMI’s Masters in Post Graduate Diploma programmes are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and internationally accredited by AACSB.
SHRM India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Virginia, United States headquartered Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries.Posted in Campus