The Wonder Girls Student Leaders Fellowship is a first-of-its-kind all-girls programme for adolescent girls between Grade 8 to Grade 12. The transformational programme nurtures ambitious young girls into confident and courageous leaders for tomorrow.
Applications for the fellowship programme are now open.
Research shows that all-girl environments enable girls to learn effectively without being influenced by widely prevalent stereotypes. There is a huge need in India today for thoughtfully curated programs that tie in adolescent leadership experiences with long-term success for girls.
The team and advisors behind the programme come from prestigious institutions such as BITS Pilani, Harvard Business School, University of Oxford, and Columbia University. Our definitive learning methodology, centered around 4 cornerstones, is designed in collaboration with industry leaders, pioneering world-class educators, progressive parents, and aspirational adolescents. Collectively, the team is extremely passionate about girls’ accomplishment and sustained achievement.
- Live Sessions with World-Class Leaders: Fellows will attend sessions covering various topics with successful and highly accomplished leaders from diverse fields and industries. These live sessions will equip the Fellows with information that is game-changing. The platform has on boarded 30+ spectacular real life leaders and pathbreakers that girls can interact with and learn from.
- Structured Networking: Fellows get to attend structured networking sessions with other high-potential leaders in the making from all across India. The platform allows them to build friendships and relationships with peers via shared activities and group discussions.
- Curated Leadership Projects: This cornerstone equips Fellows with life skills of agency, resourcefulness, problem-solving, collaborative teamwork, and social consciousness. The Fellows will be supported with comprehensive toolkits to complete their projects successfully. The Leadership Projects have been carefully designed to provide Fellows with an action-oriented outlook that they can always tap into.
- Guaranteed Internships: Based on interests and skills, Fellows will be mapped with diverse and stellar organizations for a month-long digital internship opportunity. This will enable Fellows to actively contribute meaningfully in a real-life organizational setting. Our list of partners can be accessed from the website (https://www.wondergirls.
The programme will be 60-hour programme which will be spread across 10-week duration. Reading material and activity/reflection sheet will be provided after the sessions. The sessions will be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays only and will be virtual.
● The 10-week programme is priced at Rs 40,000 + taxes.
● The Fellowship is accepting 50 high-potential girls for their first edition.
● The online application form can be accessed on the website (https://www.wondergirls.
● Early bird application deadline closes on September 5, 2021, 11:59pm IST
● Final application deadline for the fellowship is September 15, 2021, 11:59pm IST
● Program dates: October 11, 2021 – December 19, 2021
“We are committed to creating a paradigm shift in how girls learn and grow. We want to bridge the gap that exists in women’s workplace participation in India today as we believe the work on this needs to begin early. Role model access, structured mentoring, and access to the right kind of peers and platforms seed aspiration in young girls. And, Wonder Girls Student Leaders Fellowship is one step in that direction,” said Varsha Adusumilli Founder, Wonder Girls
“The Wonder Girls Student Leaders Fellowship is a unique platform for adolescent girls to interact with thought leaders and professional experts from a wide range of fields, in a safe and nurturing environment, amongst an exciting peer group. Role models, mentorship, sponsorship, internships, and community have changed my life, starting from when I was at school. They broadened my horizon, allowing me to learn and grow over time, until I found the career path that best suited me. I’m delighted to support this stimulating programme and hope that parents and girls will participate in this very special opportunity,” said Aparna Piramal Raje, Design Thinker, Columnist, Philanthropist Senior Advisor, Wonder Girls.
Also Read: Teach for India welcomes 650+ leaders for fellowship