- 180 gm toasted almonds
- 100 gm maida
- 90 gm wheat flour
- 60 gm sugar
- 180 gm unsalted butter
- 100 gm chopped dark or milk chocolate
- 1 tsp oil
- Grind almonds roughly.
- Add flour, sugar, and a pinch of salt to the almonds and grind for another 20-30 seconds.
- Add butter and grind again. Tip the dough out onto a work surface and knead by hand until smooth.
- Roll the dough into 25 small balls, then transfer to a baking tray.
- Using your thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon, make an indent in the centre of each piece of dough (that’s the thumbprint).
- Place the cookie tray in the fridge and chill for 30 mins before baking. Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and pour a teaspoon of the melted chocolate over the cooled cookie (into the indent).
- Serve after chocolate has set.
Health benefit. Chocolate contains cancer-fighting antioxidants while almonds have Vitamin E that promotes healthy skin and hair.