- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup mashed (medium-size) banana
- ½ cup cooked and mashed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mash the banana in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Blend well and knead the dough.
- Measure two tablespoons of the dough into your hand and press the mixture into cookie shapes. Place the cookies on a baking tray one inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately!
Note: If the batter is too wet, add more oats, about 2 tbsp at a time until you get the right consistency.
Health benefit. Pumpkin is rich in immunity-boosting vitamins and anti-oxidants and improves ocular health. It is also rich in vitamin C, iron and folate.