Jobs in Education System
Maharashtra: Two specially abled children die due to suspected food poisoning

Jharkhand: More than 100 residential school students fell ill after dinner

September 29, 2023

On Thursday, officials reported that over 100 students from a private residential school in Jharkhand’s Pakur district fell ill after consuming their meal.

Following dinner on Wednesday night, some students experienced nausea and complained of headaches, alleging that they had found a lizard in the food. As a response, 65 students were immediately taken to a hospital in the nearby Rampurhat area of West Bengal’s Birbhum district, while 45 others were placed under observation at the Pakuria Community Health Centre, as stated by district Civil Surgeon Dr. MK Tekriwal.

Block Development Officer Manoj Kumar of Pakuria mentioned that three students are still receiving treatment at the Rampurhat hospital, while the rest have been discharged. Dr. Tekriwal noted that an investigation is underway to determine whether a lizard was indeed present in the food.

Source: PTI

Also read: Maharashtra: 30 students of an ashram school hospitalised after food poisoning

Posted in News, States
Current Issue
EducationWorld May 2024
ParentsWorld February 2024

Xperimentor
HealthStart
WordPress Lightbox Plugin